SPORT FEMININ TOUJOURS : WOMEN'S SPORT TAKES CENTRE STAGE THIS WEEKEND ON TF1 AND LCI
Share this content:
Boulogne, February 5 2019
Sport Féminin Toujours: women’s sport takes centre stage this weekend on TF1 and LCI
For several seasons now, the TF1 group has been partnering with the Ministry of Sport, the Gender Equality Commission and the CSA on a weekend that showcases women’s sport in the media.
This year, the TF1 group is covering this initiative not only on the core channel’s news bulletins and sport programmes, but also on the LCI rolling news channel.
- Coverage starts on Friday 8 February when 20H Le Mag will be devoted to a profile of a female ice hockey referee.
- The weekend news, presented by Anne-Claire Coudray, will carry a feature on girls’ passion for women’s rugby.
- On Sunday 10 February Téléfoot , presented by Grégoire Margotton, will offer viewers the chance to follow the Lyon–PSG French Cup quarter-final in the company of the talented Ada Hegerberg: not only the first-ever winner of the coveted Women’s Ballon d’Or, but also a French-speaker.
- Finally, Sunday evening’s Rendez-vous sport, presented by Grégoire Margotton, will be devoted to women.
- The show Vis leurs vies, screened at 6am on Saturday and Sunday, will be devoted to the women’s sport weekend, featuring profiles of judoka Clarisse Agbegnenou (a patron of Sport Féminin toujours) and boxer/policewoman Maiva Hamadouche, IBF world super-featherweight champion since November 2016.
The TF1 group is particularly keen to support this event, because women’s sport is being showcased across our channels this year.
After our successful coverage of last year’s European Women’s Handball Championship – with France crowned champions in December 2018 – the Group will for the first time be the official exclusive free-to-air broadcaster of the 2019 Women’s Football World Cup, which France is hosting from 7 June.