For International Women’s Day on 8 March, the TF1 group will carry special coverage on its channels and their online spin-offs:
· Le 20H Le Mag, which showcases everyday heroes and heroines, will devote its evenings to portraits of women doing unconventional things: surgeon and writer Pomme; performance poet Diariata; voice artist Brigitte; Elodie and Emilie, who have done a U-turn in their lives and are now goatherds; and Grace, who has a fierce will to live.
· LCI will broadcast reportage and news on women’s rights on 8 March, in particular on Anne-Chloé Bottet and Christophe Moulin’s weekend morning show.
· Ushuaïa TV will screen a Greta Thunberg special on the evening of 8 March, including two all-new documentaries. “Greta Thunberg: two years that changed everything” describes how her actions inspired a global movement, while “Generation Greta” uses the testimonies of eight women to tell the story of the crusade for the climate.
· Histoire TV marks the 85th anniversary of French women getting the vote by broadcasting a “We women” (Nous les femmes) cycle, including a number of documentaries, such as: “Colette, l’insoumise”; “Les femmes et le pouvoir”; “Simone Veil, la loi d’une femme”; and the feature-length film “Elles… les filles du Plessis”, with Sandrine Bonnaire.
· TF1 PUB is teaming up with L’Oréal in its campaign against street violence on 7 and 8 March, with a spot broadcast on TF1 group channels, and on digital and social networks.
We also have a pro-active policy towards our 1,750 female staff, supporting their career development through the Fifty-Fifty network, women’s leadership courses, female mentoring programmes, etc.
Our engagement was rewarded in 2019 when we were named no.1 media group worldwide in the Equileap rankings of the best companies for gender equality.
What’s more, there is a high level of female participation in the Group’s management bodies: 42% of our management committee are now women, which means that there are 40% more women on the committee than 4 years ago.
Looking beyond our year-round engagement, we have also introduced a special internal Awareness Week, involving a number of events:
- A LinkedIn workshop designed to optimise the career paths of our female employees
- A hands-on workshop to raise the awareness of all staff to gender balance issues
- Exclusive screening of the film "WOMAN" – partnered by Ushuaïa TV – which gives a voice to 2,000 women across 50 different countries, followed by a Q&A with director Yann Arthus Bertrand.